English - Portuguese \
Online Medical Interpreter Training Program
Online-Professional Training for Medical Interpreting
50-Hour Professional Medical Interpreter Certificate
I enjoyed the flexibility to work at my own pace and the videos the most. I also really enjoyed learning medical terminology, I feel I am better prepared than if I had just studied general interpreting standards. ~Yvette, Graduate, English-Spanish Program
What you will learn: Download our Online Professional Curriculum
Current course fees click here.
What you will receive:
- Convenient delivery of medical terminology lessons online at the eLearning Portal and by email.
- 30 Hours of Intensive online medical terminology training in both languages.
- 20 Hours of Medical Interpreting Principles (Standards of Practice, Code of Ethics, Roles of the Interpreter).
- 24-7 Access to our Online Portuguese Language Pack, a compiled library of audio and written medical information that are actual materials used by medical providers for instruction and health information.
- Extensive Online Portuguese Medical Glossary.
- Three hours of One-on-One review of your verbal skills and personal coaching on medical terminology concepts and pronunciation in both languages.
- One and half hours of live, oral evaluation and coaching of your medical terminology knowledge, consecutive interpreting skills, and application of the Standards and Code of Ethics.
- Convenient 24-hour access to lessons, assignments and exams.
- Certificate of Completion of the Professional Medical Interpreter program with English-Portuguese Concentration
- Two free continuing education courses after graduation.
- Discounts to advanced courses and continuing education offerings, and educational products and services after graduation.
- Flexible 3-month program. Finish early, or extend monthly after 3 months.
- Self-paced based on performance. 3-month access. Monthly extension available after 3 months.
- Convenient 24/7 online access.
- Personal one-on-one support.
- Low cost, flexible payment plans.
- No travel, study from home.
- Professional instructors with healthcare experience.
Portuguese Language Pack at no additional charge. Must have advanced language skills in both languages, have at least 2 years of college, or 2 years of interpreting/translating experience.
Taught by Healthcare Professionals and Professional Interpreters and CMIs
Medical Section Part 1: Anatomy, Physiology, Pathology, Diagnostic Procedures, Medical Specialties in English and Portuguese. Assignments are submitted in English and Portuguese. Final Evaluation in English and Portuguese.
Interpreting Section Part 2: Principles of Medical Interpreting, Consecutive Interpreting, Standards of Practice, Code of Ethics, Roles of the Interpreter.
Marlene V. Obermeyer, MA, RN, Instructor
Andrea Cristina Williams, RN, BSN, CMSRN, Medical Mentor
Joao Costa, Professional Medical Interpreter Certificate, Language Mentor
Interpreting Instructors/Mentors: Professional Medical Interpreters and CMIs
Click here for current fees.
Please contact me directly for details. Thank you.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org